Statements of Importance
We believe that every child and their family can map their own future regardless of life challenges they face.
The mission of Oasis Child and Family Services is to create customized services for children with behavioral concerns, in home and community environments in order for them to become their best selves.
At Oasis, our staff and services are governed by our essential core values. These values are:
- We believe that every child has unique gifts and talents and are appreciated for their individuality.
- We believe in providing a positive and safe learning environment where it is okay to make mistakes and be an individual.
- We believe in honesty and openness in communication.
- We believe that by working together as a team we can best achieve our outcomes.
- We believe that being open to continual growth, education, and change allows us to provide the best quality of services to our children and families.
- We believe in parent education so parents of children with autism and related challenges can advocate, teach, and fully participate in their child’s lives and development.
- We believe in exercising a healthy lifestyle to include a balance between work, home, and play.
- We believe in remembering every day that we are humbly granted the fortune to be a part of changing the lives of unique learners.
A Brief History of Oasis Child and Family Services LLC
Oasis Child and Family Services LLC is culturally responsive children and family service center located in Minnesota. The center is licensed under Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) to provide Early Intensive Developmental and Behavioral Intervention (EIDBI) program services which will be of benefit to children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders and related conditions (ASD), who are under 21 years old.
According to Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) there are significant shortages of providers who specialize in the provision of services to children living with ASD and their family supporters in Minnesota. There is an greater shortage of culturally responsive programs available to this population. A study conducted by the University of Minnesota looking at children in the Somali community has found:
- About 1 in 32 children aged 7-9 were identified as having ASD in Minneapolis
- Children with ASD were more likely to have an intellectual disability
- The age at first diagnosis was around the age of 5
- Families of children with ASD often are on a long waiting list for EDIBI certified providers
To this end, Oasis Child and Family Services (Oasis) decided to pursue licensure as an EIDBI culturally responsive service provider. Oasis is actively engaged within the local Somali cultural communities located in Minnesota. We believe we can support and lighten the burdens of Somali children and their family supporters who are seeking resources and services for managing the symptoms of ASD and related conditions which are creating barriers in learning and engaging in community life.
In the years to come, Oasis Child and Family Services LLC plans to build upon our vision, mission and values so that we can help children under the age of 21 with Serious Emotional Disabilities (SED), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Conduct Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), Learning Disabilities (LD), and Intellectual Disabilities (ID). We plan to do so by offering a wide range of clinical therapies, behavioral, and social supports to children, their families, schools, and their communities.
Oasis Child and Family Services’ Hours of Operation Oasis’ typical business hours will be between 8am to 5pm, Monday – Friday, and on Saturday, Sunday, or in the evenings as dictated by children and families as needed with the accommodations in time of services to be delivered as defined in the individualized treatment plan.
Corporate and Practice Locations
Oasis Child and Family Services LLC
5707 Wayzata Blvd
Minneapolis MN 55416